Thursday was milder outside and a real relief! It was overcast and on the edge of rain all day. The kids and I decided to check out the indoor pool at Welldorado and it was super nice! The attendant spoke English (though I have been making a concerted effort to learn German, thank you Duolingo!) and was very helpful. Inside the water was warm and there were three seperate pools: a kids area, water slide, and training pool were little ones can learn to swim. The slide was legit, I went down it gleefully almost as many times as the kids. :) Here are some pics.
After the pool we changed and headed to a cute park close to the pool to have a packed lunch. If I had to think of one thing that has continually frustrated me here it would be the bathroom situation. My children have united together and become very stubborn about using the potty. Couple their newfound sense of power and the lack of public restrooms in Wels and I'm in a very difficult position.
Me: "Do you have to go to the bathroom?"
Children (Cosette specifically): "No."
Me: "Are you sure? We are at a place with a potty. I don't know where another one is. If you have to go do it now."
Children: "Noooooo Moooom! I don't have to go potty I already told you!"
Me: "Ok then."
Five minutes later we are walking to the park.
Children in unison: "I have to go potty."
Ahhhhhh!
I find a nice restaurant by the park and slink in half wet with chlorine soaked children and say in German "toilet children??" And they point downstairs.
We are back at the park having just finished lunch and are playing nicely. Here's a pic.
That evening we met two co-workers of Rons for dinner at a really cute Greek Restaurant.
Not the greatest pic, but it's very quaint and nestled along a channel that runs through the city. One of the girls will be watching Ash and Cosette for the afternoon and evening Saturday while Ron and I attend a wedding (date night what!!)
As we were walking home we noticed that the City of Wels has set up a big viewing area for the World Cup. There's a big screen TV , decorations, and food/drink vendors in the plaza area. People were already really repping their teams last night. Ash is going to be in Heaven! I gave him a schedule of all the games and now know where I am going to be at 6pm every night till July 13 th. :)
Today we are going to check out the free zoo in the city and I'm bringing like 100 changes of clothes for those children. Afterwards Ron and many of his co workers are running in a city sponsored 5k that takes place right on the center of the city. We are all going and I guess there is going to be a street party of sorts afterwards! His work issued a work running outfit that includes a super nice top and these tight spandex running shorts :) :)
Look forward to that pic later. :)
Goodnight!









No comments:
Post a Comment