Monday, June 23, 2014

Germany Part 4, Munich

Ok last Germany post I promise!

Yesterday (Sunday) we got up and said goodbye to Martin and Regina. The kids wanted no part in leaving and already miss them both. 

We drove about two hours and stopped in Munich for half the day. It was a really beautiful city! I'm sure we only saw like a quarter of the sights here, but we only had a few hours. 

We started by walking through the English Gardens. This is a large expanse of green grasses and trees with a river running through it. It reminds Ron and I of Central Park in New York. 



After we looked at some cool structures within the Garden, we came to a large green space with people laying around like they were on a beach. They had music, beach balls, coolers, volley ball nets, etc. It was so strange, Ron and I kept thinking, "where's the sand?"


Then we saw that everyone would walk from the "green beach" to the river running through the garden and jump in! They would ride the current around a couple bends and jump out. Ron wanted badly to jump in with them. :) 



After the gardens we went to a really old brewery called Hofbrahaus in Munich. It was really beautiful and interesting. 





After dinner we quickly checked out City Hall and the famous Glockenspiel

City Hall (Rathaus "Rat House" in German ;) ): 


A few pictures of the Glockenspiel:




After that we decided to head home getting back to Wels at around 10pm. Ron and I tried to stay up to watch USA play against Portugal, but we could only make it about an hour. Today I am just unpacking and grocery shopping. I plan to take to train by myself for the first time this week to go to a nice zoo in the area. Other than that it will be pools and play grounds for us this week! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment